Just when you thought that healthy eating could not get any easier in the capital, Getafix appeared as the new kid on the block and boy! They have taken eating right to another level with some excellent alternatives to gluttonous fast food!
Ambience: The restaurant is the “girl next door”! Confused? Don’t be, because it’s a cute little cosy den, made across a single floor. Definitely a place that could become your regular hang out spot.
The interiors are fun, lively and inviting. I love the use of playful bright colours and just the right amount of quirk on the walls.
Service: The staff is efficient and well acquainted with the menu. Food is prepared fresh and fast in an open kitchen and service is swift.
Food and drinks: the menu isn’t vast but just enough to give good options to the diners without confusing them. The menu is creative but not pretentious and almost everything on it exudes clever creativity and a “healthy” element.
• The smoothies are divine. Made with fresh ingredients, you have the famous yummy ones and a few interesting concoctions too. They are made with fruits and yogurt without any sweetener or preservatives. I would suggest the sweet disposition, berrinana fix and the odd one out! These are desserts minus the calories.
• Shrimp salad is pretty much what dreams are made of. Juicy shrimp tossed with crunchy lettuce and baby tomatoes in an exotic Thai lemongrass vinaigrette. This was my favourite and an absolute winner.
• Air fried fish and chips were wholesome and delicious. Great portion too.
• Barbeque chicken wings were tossed in a tangy peri peri sauce and in no way any less than your regular fried chicken wings.
• Grilled chicken burger tasted delicious with fresh vegetables and sliced chicken with sautéed onions
• Turkey and ham sandwich was made in the softest bread with tons of flavour and texture packed in a bite.
• Popeye pizza was topped with spinach corn and feta. Wonderful crust and combination of flavours.
• Veg lasagna was huge in quantity and very nutritiously vegetarian loaded with beans, carrots and mushrooms. I missed some sauce because it was a tad bit dry.
• Mix mushroom pasta was WOW. Three varieties of mushroom in a Thai basil nutty sauce blew my mind away. The pasta is made in house and this is one dish that must be tried here.
It only gets better and better and yes the desserts are low fat and whatta taste bomb!
•Lemon pie is a party in the mouth. Made with hung curd and gelatin the textures are beautiful and it’s yum!
• Sugar free brownie is gooey and sinful without being overly sweet.
• Vanilla pound cake is subtle in flavour with a drizzle of orange syrup. I am pretty much salivating right now.
Verdict : Head over to Getafix! Period.
Health food is not just a fluke anymore. The dishes are adeptly concocted to suit the savvy eaters and leave a flavour trail on the tongue for quite some time.
Cost/ person : Rs 600
Will I visit again? Yes.