Steal a piece of bliss this delhi winter, some chai and lip smacking snacks at Chaayos is just the answer!
Long due visit here and I am glad it finally happened.
Swarmed with anxious crowd at all times, this outlet is always buzzing. The main cafe is not too big, tables are closely laid and there are always queues to get anything here. The interiors are warm, cosy and green! I prefer to sit on one of the few tables outside and enjoy the evening chill with a cuppa chai!
Chayos offers a diversity of tea and if you’re a tea lover, this is your destination. The tea is well made and always a refresher!
Coming down to the food, I am surprised at the deliciousness of almost everything that they offer.
• Keema Pav is a small portion of flavourful keema between soft buttery bun. Yummy.
• Vada Pav is simple with good flavours. Nothing fancy and that’s the best part.
• Bun maska comes in a few flavours. Jalapeño and achari happen to be my favourites. The buns are dripping in bombs of buttery flavours which is complete bliss.
• Pepper chicken croissant is unbelievably delicious with a creamy chicken filling and soft pastry.
• Green chicken multigrain sandwich is wholesome and healthy with subtle flavours.
• Lemon cake is light, spongy and just the perfect bite with chai.
• banana walnut cake wasn’t the best I have had. It was dense and oily. Could be improved.
All in all this is the perfect outlet to run to when you want to grab a light bite and sip on some hot tea. Perfect for evenings and late nights or even a quick breakfast. The rates are not very extravagant and quality is superb.
Cost/ person : Rs 300
Will I visit again? Yes.