Before you go onto reading this article, let me clarify a few points. Travelling is a partially subjective and I believe each country has its own charms and is unique to travellers in terms of experiences &Continue Reading
I am lazy, I love good food, I like cheese, I like fresh produce! All this brought me closer to my “Cheat’s Cheesey One Pot Fettuccine” which was an impromptu quick fix to a dinner last week.
I love creamy dishes and of course, cheese is an essential element for all things delicious and godly.
I used some gorgeous plump cherry tomatoes to jazz up my pasta and they really did brighten up the dish and upped it by a notch with a juicy sweet tangy flavour.
You need just 30 mins to whip this restaurant quality dish!
* 8 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 4tbsp Garlic Cheese spread
* 2 tbsp Amul Butter
* 2-3 cups full fat milk
* salt/pepper to taste
* 1tbsp basil powder
* 1 tbsp garlic powder
* 2 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
* 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
* fettuccine pasta
* 1 bowl cherry tomatoes
* On medium heat, add garlic, butter, oil, and a sprinkle of salt to a large skillet or pan big enough to fit the fettuccine pasta for a few minutes to get the garlic juices flowing and the butter melted. About 5 minutes.
* Pour in water, milk, and all seasonings. Bring to a boil then bring heat down to low-medium heat.
* Place in fettuccine pasta. Press it down gently with tongs to submerge in the liquid. The pasta will absorb the liquid as it cooks making the Alfredo sauce thicker.
* Let the pasta cook for 15 minutes.Stir occasionally so it’s not sticking together. You can also lower the heat so nothing burns.
* At this point you can add in more milk if you feel the pasta is absorbing too much. All it does it make it creamier so don’t worry about adding too much.
* Adjust the seasonings to your liking. Always taste as you go. You may feel it needs more salt, or a little more garlic.
* Add the cheese spread and mix gently.
* While that’s cooking preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cherry tomatoes on the pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for the same duration as the pasta, about 10-15 minutes.
* Once the cherry tomatoes are done add to the pot with fettuccine and mix well. Add blob of butter for extra glaze and flavour. Serve with garlic toast or a side salad.